Love capital, city of fashion, literary eldorado…Paris has many different faces, at different prices.
It’s no secret that it can be expensive, but if you know where and when to look, then your wallet is safe.
So, from walking tours with natives to galleries and fashion shows, we picked the city’s top 10 free activities.
Free Things to See and Do in Paris, First 5…
Here are the first 5 of the best free tours and activities to do in Paris:
- Have a PICNIC on the bank of the Seine river. It’s free of charge; you just need to buy your own food and drink!
- Browse one of the famous fresh FOOD MARKETS like Marché Bastille. You don’t have to spend a penny, but you could treat yourself to some fresh cheese/meat.
- Explore some of the BRIDGES over the Seine. From Pont Neuf or Pont Royal, they are 37—and totally free.
- Pull on your walking shoes and take a look around the Parisian STREETS for free. They’re safe to walk around and beautiful.
- Explore Paris MUSEUMS. Many of the museums like Musée Cernuschi and Maison de Balzac are free to see every day, others are free only on the first Sunday of the month. Either way, you have many to choose from!
…And the Remaining
Paris has been one of the top locations in the world for tourism for years – and one of the most expensive. That being said; there are still lots of things you can do if you have a small budget to stick to.
Get the rest of them from the graphic below.
And if you’re on a Europe tour, check out also these great tips to explore Europe’s most fascinating capitals: